The spouses must declare their intention to marry together in person.
– the type of document used to prove identity (identity card, passport, driving licence, other), the document identifier, the name of the issuing authority and its expiry date,
– birth certificate, if the spouse is a foreigner and the place of birth is abroad (name of issuing authority, current number),
– number of the official identity and residence card,
– proof of marital status (name of the document and issuing authority),
– marriage licence, exemption, certificate number, name of issuing authority, expiry date,
– type, number, name of the issuing authority, date of validity of the document, certificate or document proving nationality,
– the refugee status of the bride or groom, an extramarital marriage, or the imminent death of one of the parties may be exempted from the 30-day waiting period.
After being warned of the consequences of non-disclosure of impediments to marriage, the bride and groom announce that they wish to marry each other and that, to the best of their knowledge, there is no legal impediment to their marriage. Foreign documents must be presented certified and accompanied by a certified Hungarian translation.